Friday, July 17, 2009

New work and connections



Last week was a very productive and inspiring week for me. I spent a lot of time with Marielle and we had a blast! She is such a good baby and I love her more and more every day. I was able to get some work done too! I finished two pieces.


These two sweet little prints are part of my fields series that I have been working on in monotype, but have now extended the series to relief prints. These two are done with BFK paper and Akua inks.

Akua inks are non-toxic and have a great consistency and wonderful colors, but there is a big learning curve to them. I feel like I am still learning them. The more I use them the more I feel like I am mastering them.

I went to the open Farm and Studio tour here in the Champlain Islands this past weekend. I was amazed to find so many wonderful artists here in my backyard. I got to talking with some of the artists and was extended an invitation to join a group that meets every Monday. They work on supporting one another and increasing their creativity. I went the other night and felt so welcomed. I feel like I have found a new home. I also joined the CIAO (Champlain Island Artists' Organization) and will be in their yearly art show which takes place next weekend. I am very excited to find a local community to connect with about art.






No comments: