Tuesday, May 20, 2008

back at it...

process 2Today for the first time in months I was able to find some time to get back to work. Baby was sleeping as she has gotten better at napping without me, so I took advantage. I have been doing sketches when I can and have been planning a new series of blocks based on the profile of Mount Mansfield. This is largest peak in Vermont and I grew up looking at it almost every day. I am so lucky to live where I do!
process 3 (2)The process I hope to achieve is to work out all of the blocks and then cut them along the profile of the mountain to create jig-saw blocks that I can then mix and match into endless combinations with different colors and compositions. I just hope it works as I have never done a jig-saw print with lino blocks before. I am hoping that I can cut them along the profile of the mountain with a blade without injuring myself. This will give me endless hours of fun and enjoyment while I work on the multitudes of prints that can come out of this series. Endless inspiration; One of the many reasons that I love printmaking!!!!

No comments: