Sunday, March 2, 2008

My studio assistant

I would like to introduce you to my studio assistant. His name is Zazou and he just turned eleven. He likes to step on paper to make sure that it is nice and flat. He also likes to get in front of the camera when I am trying to take pictures of my artwork. He often gets in my way and claims to be sleeping when I need his help, but for the most part he is very useful. He is a very good companion and enjoys watching me work, which are the best qualities to an assistant. Right?

At least he keeps me laughing when I am frustrated and annoyed with the work. I just take a break and let him give me some joy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Zazou looks like a wonderful studio companion. Mine is Murri (in my id photo); he spends a lot of time snuggled up in a cardboard box on the spare bed in the room that serves as my studio. Now and then, if he's looking out the window from atop his kitty condo, he'll wander down and butt me on the elbow as I'm carving to indicate that it's snorgle time (which, again, you can see from the photo, is a whole body experience). My one complaint is fur everywhere! But it's such a small price to pay for such a lovely pawed person in our life.