Wednesday, August 10, 2011

sometimes you need a break...

Well it has been a long break...

So many changes in my life. I guess I needed a hiatus for awhile. You know those times you move into yourself before you break out into a new level of growth? Well that is where I have been. I have been taking steps to align my life, work, and activities with my philosophy of healing, being creative, and following my dreams. As many working artists, I have a day time gig. As a clinical social worker, I have always worked for agencies with amazing missions; to help children and families. But over the last year as I did some serious soul searching and listened to my inner passions, I knew it was time for a change. So I left my agency job and opened up a private outpatient therapy practice. I am loving it. Working with many kids, families, and adults who are seeking to become clear about themselves and grow into their potential. Needless to say I have been very busy.

In the meantime, we had another successful CIAO show in July. I did another demo of gelatin monoprinting. Yes, gelatin.

In the process of finding my way through this growth period, I decided I needed some inspiration. So, I am taking the Kelly Rae Roberts e-course, Taking Flight. She pointed us to this video by Brene Brown on what gets in the way of conquering your fears. I found it so inspiring I have watched it twice even making my husband take a look. I thought you might find it inspiring.


No comments: